Friday, February 29, 2008

W24C - Part II


The Ladies


Xuehan

My Chinese friend here is getting on well here in RP. I can she tries alot during presentations though it is not easy for her. She speaks English so much better than most friends from China and yes, she has the best natural hair in class. I reckon she takes care of it because it looks really fresh. Just because I find her hair refreshing Albin came up with the stupid rumour when he actually comments about her..ahem..ok..guy stuff..but sometimes he'll go," She shouldn't wear pants." I feel she feel more comfortable with me than him because he creeps her out at times. Haha. Anyway, Xuehan is a quite and shy person in class but she can be loud.

Vanessa


She is one of the two ladies whom I don't like working in class. She is like a car who likes to go in one direction but never wanna try other directions. What I mean is, she is the old fashioned student. She doesn't like doing skids or video for even modules like Culture when we had the chance. She is definitely the kind who doesn't like to take risk. When working with her, I realize she is not willing to take in ideas when she feel is inappropriate. There was once she rejected Emily's and my idea but I went on and say the idea during my part of presentation and the faci claim it was good. What I am saying is, it's good to be doing the logical stuff but once in awhile she should take risk and do something illogical. She is a very helpful person, that I can vouch for but I don't really know much about her but when given a chance I prefer not working with her.

Charlene

A very whimsical woman and she's a true friend. A very direct person. She is the kind who don't trust someone easily but once she gets your trust then she'll start pouring to you all her stuff and crap. She calls herself 'boobie' milk for whatever reason but charlene's a all fun chick. She's into all the Jap stuff like Samuel and Zhen Jie and she has a thing for 'pretty' boys. The kind of dudes who spoil the image of real men. Haha. I tease her about that at times. Charlene is actually a smart chick but she waste it. She comes late for class and that cost her for better grades and sometimes she misses her UTs. Why do smart people waste their talent and become lazy? Jeez..

Dewi

Frankly, I ain't really sure what to write about her because I don't really mix with her much as she hardly comes to class at times. She was discriminated for her size for a period of time in the first semester especially by some shallow people and in away, I felt bad for her. These people who had their fair share of poking fun of her in uncouth ways used mandarin to communicate with each other to prevent her from getting their criticisms. Some friends who joked about her are not actually mean but they get influenced, in away like following the crowd. It disappointed me for a moment because these peers can actually use their brains to think. The thing is, if you wanna poke fun, use a language which is ideal to both the parties. Discrimination is not an easy thing to be handled especially if the whole cohort is against you. Sometimes I wonder if she knows she is being looked down which resulted in her not coming to class often. She has her cons as well. From what I heard, she has this 'pushing' factor where she pushes her points in the power point slides and make sure it is there even at the expense of a team disagreeing with it. I didn't really team with her so I ain't sure but some friends tell me she does that and they can't oppose it. They should have because it's a team's effort and not a single person. Many times she has left the class during the second break claiming she has to go and take care of her 'father-in-law' in the hospital. It's up to her if she wanna do that because I have no say in matters relating to her family but she should realize there's a team with her and leaving half-way shows irresponsibility and grades being deteriorated. From what I know, she is gonna be married when she's 20.

Lee Xuan

A very hardworking student. Yes she is, if you ever worked with her. I have worked with her for culture and twice I was in the same team as her and I never regretted because she is very hardworking. I have no idea why the facilitator gives her a low grade for the first few assignments. Maybe it's because they way she presents is not so convincing. She knows her stuff but she gets intimidated when presenting. She's a very soft person at heart and she has one of the best smiles in class and yes, she has a beautiful face. The problem with her, like dewi, she has this bad habit of leaving class half way as well. I don't understand why she does that but she does that frequently especially in second half of semester two and yes, it's always annoying when anyone does that.

Mabel

She can be a good friend but her attitude undermines her personality. She's sensitive. She can spray words jokingly but she can't accept when someone hit it back against her. She has this kind of vendetta with Samuel and I don't understand why. I reckon it started once she read his post about his 'dark' side. She can't accept when someone praises him and when I call him smart she tries to influence me in siding with her but I'll still say it, he's smart. She happen to always question Sam when he happen to be in another group about his power point slide. It's alright to question, I ain't against it but half of the time the time it's outrageously not related which makes the faci give the awe-struck look which if i can translate the look it will go, "What's your rational in asking the question?". She claims others are copying from friend's slide when she herself is doing plagiarism. I have noted it a couple of times. She's actually a pretty smart girl and can be a good team mate. I hope she uses her smartness for correct use and change her personality for the better. She has to understand the more she has this attitude, the more she is chasing away friends.

Cloudie

This is the second person whom I do not like teaming with. Most of the time she'll be in MSN chatting with someone else even when the discussion started. She hardly does any work and only towards the end she'll do something and it's actually copied slides from another person's power point and then she will elaborate on it which most of the time impresses the faci unfortunately which results in her getting an undeserved A. I ain't saying all the time but most of the time. There was once Ridwan gave me a C and she a C. It's funny to see she getting rather annoyed with the grade and this is the ironical part. She actually wanted to write in claiming she doesn't deserve the grade and to think about it, it's pretty laughable. She is another smart lady but a very lazy one. She says much gross stuff without thinking and sometimes some people told me she has to wash her mouth. She is actually a confused girl with LSE. A loud good friend with a soft heart.

Debra

She is so far the cutest girl in RP whom I have met. Maybe it's because of her small frame size or because of the way she speaks. I keep teasing her about her height claiming, "Hey, tall girl is here." Debra is the kind of girl who cannot accept defeat easily. She takes it rather personally and takes sometime to recover. Maybe it's because she was taken care of and has been experiencing good things all the time so a little barrier becomes a big impact for her. She is a smart girl but can be lazy. Sometimes she don't get involved in group discussions and the last few weeks, she didn't even put in much effort in the assignments of the modules and I am seriously wondering why. I had a feeling she was not taken by Sam as well by the way she behaves towards him and I was a little disappointed but my perception changed once I see her tagging in my blog to Sam, being nice and advising him. I guess people change.

Eunice

A very hardworking student. Given a chance, I would have her as my team mate anytime because she works really hard. Yes, I do tease her much because she don't take anything personally, rather she has a laugh or she tries to counter back but in vain. Sometimes I feel she don't get the grades she deserve as she puts in so much work. Maybe the faci feels she has to put in more in her presentation skills. Like most girls, she has very LSE. She don't take compliments well rather she brushed it off claiming she is not that. I have always told her to work on her confidence level. She's a very good friend and someone I can trust.

Jasmin

Miss photogenic. She's my favourite woman in class. Not only me but ask many people in class around, especially the dudes because she's super fun. We keep teasing and disturbing her but she takes it rather well and she's also very cheeky. She's actually naive in away because I always manage to outsmart her in some stuff and then she'll go "I don't friend you". As a team mate, she's alright but yes, she can be lazy. The Jasmin we see is not what she is. There is more to her and she is one of the person whom I can really trust and have a chat. One thing which puzzles me is, I don't understand why she always rejects our group outings. Maybe she is closer to her ex class but still alittle odd. She has this habit of smiling sideways when she takes a photo. Haha. Jasmin is actually a very soft person. She may look hard outside but actually all jelly inside. I can not forget the last day of school where I see a drop of tear from her eyes before she left. Must be pretty emotional for her though of course she won't accept. It's always a pleasure to know Jasmin and come out with us soon, your highness.

No comments: